Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Hybridization, interpersonal conflict, & evolution

Back to school it is for me. I know I said I would update about the MDR1 gene mutation once I got settled in at school but things have been much too hectic! I will make it a point to post about it this weekend. My classes are going well so far...I like my professors and I'm enjoying my schedule.

I got in a ride yesterday with some of the guys from the shop - G, A, and E respectively. G picked me up and we drove out to his house so that I could use his pump to change my flat rear tire. Then we rode back to campus which was a little over three miles. We messed around on main campus and then made a loop around west campus. Then we came back to main campus and messed around on the quad where G broke his chain (for like the five millionth time). After a quick fix, we all headed back home. According to my bike computer, we rode about nine miles. It was nice and definitely a workout...mainly because A and G are extremely fast and experienced riders but also because I'm sick and probably shouldn't have been riding in the cold anyway. I forgot to mention that we were playing bike tag along the way which also explains my fatigue.

On another note, I'm thinking of exporting this blog to wordpress.com. I'm not sure yet but of course if I do, I'll post about it.

1 comment:

  1. You got another rear flat! Did you find what caused it? Bike tag sounds really fun. It's probably a good way to develop handling skill.
    J, who I rode with today told me that there was a good park to go to, without a lot of sand. He said it would be good for a beginner. I will e-mail you the info.

    Feel better.

    ReplyDelete