Saturday, January 24, 2009

Nine miles of treacherous terrain, all the while being chased by flying baboons with scimitars...

Or so I imagined as I huffed and puffed up the windy switchback towards the end of my ride today out at Lake Bryan with G and E. It was a great ride. My body is tired...which I love! No pain, no gain. In the words of a quote I see here and there, "Pain is weakness leaving the body!" I love it. We rode roughly nine miles (I forgot to set my computer back to zero when we began) in rather cold weather but once we got into the woods and built up speed, we were sweating! I'm looking forward to more mountain rides this semester. I also wish people would be courteous and not ride the trails when it's muddy...there were a few places where there were ruts in the trail where people had ridden while it was muddy. I thought it was well known mountain bike etiquette to not ride when the trails were muddy? Sheesh! I'm really not as put out by the ruts as I sound, but I do wish people would follow basic etiquette such as that.

I'm considering taking one of my parents' old ten-speeds and using it as a road bike. It would be nice to have something to keep up with my friend on when I ride back at home, and it would also be nice to have something equipped for the road to ride when I don't want to stunt around on campus or hit the trails.

MDR1 is coming soon...!

No comments:

Post a Comment