Wednesday, February 4, 2009

10:30 PM Fixies, Unis, and Trials Riders

Tonight I went on a ride with G, A, and E. It was a lot of fun. I was able to keep up with them better (though I still lagged behind at times) as we zipped around campus and town. We rode about fourteen miles total (just piddling around, jumping off of stairs and such) and took a break in the middle to ride to Marble Slab and get some ice cream. On the way back, we stopped by Kyle Field where every Wednesday night at 10:30 PM, fixie riders, unicyclists, and sometimes BMXers gather to just converse and ride their bikes. They do lots of neat tricks and have pretty nifty looking bikes. They also have a very different culture from road bikers or mountain bikers and in my opinion, fixie riders (in general) have a very different culture than BMXers too. I think I will stick to mountain/road biking but it was neat to watch them for a while. The trials riders were awesome...they were a couple and the girl bunny hopped her bike like three or four feet in the air. Then they jumped/rode over the concrete benches in the area...needless to say, I developed a complex tonight haha. No, just kidding. All in all I had a lot of fun and got some exercise in the process (as well as a break from studying) so what more could I ask for?

1 comment:

  1. HAHA - yeah MTB, Road biking, Fixie - all very very different - it's awesome that you get to hang out w/ other riders

    ReplyDelete